Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fixer Upper - Motel edition

Found the coolest dream motel fixer upper in Burbank, CA this weekend.  Nothing on the website admits that it may have formerly been the divey-est creepiest pay-by-the-hour motel, but I just know it had to be.  It had an essence.

Pulling up, Tangerine still looks a bit like a crappy motel with an orange paint and wood panel face lift, but luckily we weren't scared off.  Not to mention it had stellar ratings online and only cost a hundred bucks.  Once inside, my jealousy reached an all time high.  Someone had defintely bought an old motel and made it into their passion project.  This place was awesome.  The layout...old skool motel.  Everything else...A-MAZING.  Poured concrete floors, huge new king size beds, modern lighting, flat screen telly's, and the cutest little pool area I've ever seen.

Staying at Tangerine made me realize you don't need to knock down everything old in order for it to be better.  Old is still cool, as long as it's clean.

I also realized...I really need to buy a motel.

http://tangerinehotel.com/relax.html
 Street view
 Signage
 Cutesy poopsie pool and cool pavers.
 Loving all the tangerine!
 and of course the pool!

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesomesauce! Love it! You should do it...I'll be your business partner :)

    ReplyDelete