Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Listening to...

Feeling inspired is tough some times.   Even if I have no problem feeling some sort of inspiration 6 days a week, it doesn't matter.  One moment of feeling less than excited about life is no bueno.   I am an inspiration junky.  Enough is never enough.  I always want more, more more.  Learning, observing, analyzing, thinking, thinking thinking...that's what I do.  But on a day like today where the sky is pure white, the air is turning frigid, and all of the to-do's on my list are done, I feel the only place I belong is on my couch with the TV turned to some mindless HGTV show (House Hunters!). This is one of those days that I must turn to one of my short cuts.  My little trip down memory lane that instantly brings me back...way back.

My So Called Life!

It only aired for one season, but in that time it totally changed my teenage life.  Of course I wasn't even allowed to watch it, so the ritual of sneaking off to catch a glimpse of Jordan Catalano wherever I possibly could became increasingly special, freeing moments for me.  Other than the book, Go Ask Alice, few other things spoke to my clogged, emotional teen brain like this show and that's why even now, when I need to feel anything, really...I watch a snippet and let it take me back in time. Here's one of my fave scenes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQAAQeNnC-E

No comments:

Post a Comment