Monday, April 16, 2012

Are you crazy? Get engaged to find out!

So, this is happening apparently...


First, I would like to say that the whole bridal industry scares the poop out of me (ew, I said poop). Prices sky-rocket, opinions fly, pressure mounts and people say things like, "I'm going to be such a bridezilla," while also thinking things like, "Wow, my best friend from 1st grade should be in my wedding party since she saved my whole family from that sinking ship that one time, but I don't know. Her hair clashes with my theme."

Now, obviously I wanted to look good on my wedding day, too. Duh. I wasn't trying to show up in sweats and be like, "What? This is how I looked when you said you loved me yesterday..."
I had my friend put extension things in my hair and I wore fake eyelashes so that I didn't have to bother with mascara the whole day.  AND when I was about 6 months out from the day, I told myself, "Now Laura, you may want to back off of the cheese and fried food," so that's what I did.  I got excited about the crafty things (handmade wedding dress! hotel gift bags! candles for centerpieces!), lost some weight and most importantly, I didn't go CRAZY. 

Because I'm pretty sure that the above article (i.e. THROWING A MEDICALLY UNNECESSARY FEEDING TUBE DOWN YOUR GULLET AND NOT EATING FOR 10 DAYS) is bat-crap crazy!  I mean...can we all agree that this is looney bin worthy? Not because everyone should just love themselves and blah blah blah (you really should, though), but because HOW do you erase that memory? How is your wedding day memory going to override that of a feeding tube being shoved down your nose?  It is way too rare of an occurrence to forget about.

I guess my whole "issue" with the extreme bride thing is that I honestly don't think these gals are doing 90 percent of the things they do for their husbands-to-be or themselves.  And if not, then what's the point? Weddings should not be an excuse to act mental!   They should be an excuse to eat, drink, and be merry! Yeesh.

Happy Monday!
xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment