Saturday, April 7, 2012

I'm not gonna lie...you should just lie.

Dear "I'm not gonna lie" phrase lovers and abusers,

First of all, thank you...for not lying to me.  Second of all, does someone regularly accuse you of speaking in non-truths? Are you a recovering pathological liar? Or are you merely making it known that this is a free country and you could lie if you wanted to lie, but you don't so you won't?  

I get that it's the modern-day version of "honestly..." but I am so done with the added sentence bulk.  Maybe we can retire it...just for a little? Til momma's ears have had a rest?

I'm not gonna lie (because if I were, I wouldn't tell you) this phrase is killing me (not an exaggeration). 

Happy Saturday, Passover and Easter!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure it isn't a coincidence you wrote this post after hanging out with Mom all day...

    ReplyDelete