Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Stress Dreams.

Last night was a doozy.

Jeff is away, work is still crazy, things need to get done, and well, you could totally tell all of that if you were to witness what I would like to call: THE CRAZIEST STRESS DREAM OF ALL TIME. With that being said, stress dreams are NOT abnormal for me.  Normally, they occur semi-often in the very same way. Every single time. There is no creativity in how my mind freaks out.

It goes something like this:

My jaw is open. Wide open. I have lock jaw from laughing too hard or yawning and I am freaking out.  Silently.  Either the dream ends with me crunching my jaw closed, shattering my teeth (ew, I KNOW) or it just ends with me trying to have someone help me close my mouth.

Until last night.

Last night, I was in a car chasing a train.  I had minutes to catch it or I would miss an important appointment (or something).  Flying into a sandy parking lot, I run out of the car but it's too late.  The train pulls away and people watch me, distraught and out of breath. 

Then, a bell rings.  I turn around and people are everywhere, flooding the parking lot.  Two figures - a guy and girl - are leaning against my car. The guy is wearing a varsity jacket (because I am in high school now?!) and I wave at them, ready to see if they can help me out. 

As I get closer, I realize that they are NOT happy.  They start screaming to one another and things get heated.  REALLY heated.  As the guy throws me a threatening glare, I realize that he hates me and is most likely going to hurt me.  Avoiding his flailing/angry arms, I jump into my car and take off while he kicks at my doors, yelling and throwing things at me.  My heart is pounding.

Suddenly, I look forward as I drive and I see...a coffee cup on the hood of the car.  I pull over. I'm distraught.  I'm chewing gum.  And I think about how I shouldn't be chewing this gum so hard, but I don't care.  I chew it harder and harder and then stop suddenly.  But, it's too late.  One tooth....and then another.  Fall right out of my mouth.

Playa please.

If missing a train, being in high school, avoiding a psycho killer, forgetting a cup of coffee (!!!), and losing two teeth isn't the mother of all stress dreams, I don't know what is.

wah,

No comments:

Post a Comment