Tuesday, October 16, 2012

NYC: Week 2! (and some change)

Do I still have a blog?

LIFE has been SO darn busy. I feel like everything is going by so fast that I'm actually buzzing...without caffeine. It's crazy.  Which I guess is why today I hit a breaking point.  Yes, I have anxiety, yes I can usually manage it, but not today...or yesterday. And maybe the day before that.  That is why, I went to my very first ACUPUNCTURE appointment tonight after work!!! It was awesome!  I totally thought I would feel trapped the second the door to the exam room shut, but I got through it and I'm sooo glad. I actually felt relaxed.  I didn't sleep on the table or anything, but I really did feel calm. It was nice. And much needed.

So that brings me to the past week and a half. Here are a few of the things that filled my days:

First stop: a relaxing night in our house to break up the week. It was JUST what we needed.

Coffee! Love the branding of this place. Well, and I loved that they had hot apple cider.

Birthday boozy brunch for the hubs! He turned the big 3-1. Eeek!

Remember that time I fell asleep during my work ID photo? Uh, yeah.

Grand Central is truly magnificient. Especially on a perfect Fall night like this one.
This young buck is only turning 29.  Sweet And Vicious in Soho!

Not only did I have the honor of going to one of the most gorgeous engagement parties EVER...I got to witness this!!! Puppy Love!!!
So...I fell in love.

Beauty Bar on East 14th!  Perfect place for a perfect bachelorette party.  You will need to make ressies for nails, but it's a super fun way to party. Even if your manicure comes out crazy like mine did.

There is a dance room in the back. It opens around 10:30 and plays super fun music. Not your average disco.

Hells Kitchen FLEA MARKET!!! Lonely TV's, top hats, jewelry and collectibles galore!  It's really fun to take a gander whilst enjoying a relaxing Sunday.

AMAZING price on leather kids made in the USA.

Top hats, all yours!

Enjoying our street side snacking at Five Napkin in Hells Kitchen when this lovely creature walked by.

Goodbye stilt man!!! I want some...

Monday night family dinner.  Our friends hosted us and it was the BEST ever. The food, the company, everything. A new Monday night tradition has been born.

Lemony-chicken risotto...YUM. I don't have a recipe, but if you can find one, make it. Filling and so SO flavorful.
 
Well, that wraps things up for now.  I will try to center myself more in the coming days and be a better writer. Til then...
L

No comments:

Post a Comment