Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Yay for our Holiday Party!! The 2012 edition.

This year, our holiday party was different for a couple reasons.  Medically, I was going through something that involved lots of doctor visits that could pop up at any time.  Try planning a party when you know that you will be under anesthesia "at some point" this month and on bed rest "for 3 days a week after the first thing."  It wasn't easy.  I had the party planned for the 15th.  Previous years, Jeff and I have held this party on the weekend before Christmas. I liked that it was becoming a tradition.  However, as the month of December approached, I discovered that the bed rest thing would likely occur on or around the 15th.  Clearly, we had to move the party.  We bumped it up a week and were pleasantly surprised that even MORE of our beloved friends could make it!

However.

OF COURSE, 4 days before December 8th, I discover that the anesthesia appointment will be happening ON Saturday.  AT TWO PM!!!! What the heck?!  The party started at 6pm!  Most people would cancel.  Most people would not wake up out of anesthesia, in a painfully bloated state, trek to Panera, go home, shower, get ready and STILL have the party.  I am not most people.

The party went off without a hitch and somehow I survived.  I am glad that I did it, too.  For some reason, a good Christmas party can be very healing for me.  It was truly just what I needed.  A night with good food and good family and friends.

YAY for Christmas!
OHMYGOSH! It's party time!!!

Damn candle. I swear it went out as I walked past it to take this picture.
 
Let's host this thing!

Christmas time!
Remy, sleeping in the midst of the fun.

Photobomb.

Well, SOMEONE had to wear it.

The hubs, the bro, and the neph.

Sisters.

Giggles.

Somehow, this makes sense.

Remy was not wearing his holiday garb. Party pooper.
Not sure why we ended up in the guest bedroom.

The food was pretty depleted at this point.

The cutest, newest Ms. Pacman player.


Mess.
Merry Christmas!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment