Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pretty pretty.

Nail decals were something I was reeeally excited to try out.  I am unbelievably uncoordinated at painting the nails on my left hand and there is no way that I could single-handedly pull off some of the designs that these things come in.  So, before one of my best friends birthday gathering (which shortly turned into a proposal/engagement gathering) I tried: Sally Hansen SALON EFFECTS Real Nail Polish Strips.  

I got the hang of application after a few nails and also found that I could easily use each strip twice since my nails are so short.  However, the main problem occurred when attempting to smooth out the ends of each nail where you are supposed to "file the decal off," leaving it rounded to the edge of your nail.  Impossible.  I did the best I could, but by the end of the night, 5 out of 10 nails looked a little chewed on.  The edges were not longer perfect and were wearing down in a race to reach my cuticles. 

Overall...I'd say nail decals are fun for a one time party thing, but definitely not good for the 10 days that the box boasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment