Thursday, June 21, 2012

Road Trip - Night 5 & Morning of Day 6

First, I would like to say: I LOVE SOUTH DAKOTA.

Second, I would like to bring up a sign I read on the morning of Day 3 in Marseilles, Illinois. As we sipped our coffee in A&J's Restaurant, I noticed a wooden sign with these words scrolled on it: Good morning! Let the stress begin.

For some reason, I haven't been able to get it out of my head.  I understand that it is meant to be funny but it's almost unintentionally hilarious. Is there really stress in Marseille, Illinois? The town situated right off the gorgeous illinois river, with a population of zero? How are they stressed...enough to put up that sign or even at all?  Is it true that everyone, everywhere is stressed? So amazing.

Okay, so back to South Dakota.  The weather, the people, the scenery; I love it. I mean, I LOVE IT.  I may try to marry it. 


We arrived last night, after almost completely running out of gas in the middle of field-world and closed-gas-station world (just past tons-of-gnomes-on-lawn-world) and thank GOD we made it because we went on the find the BEST campground, with the best lake and the best electricity.  Okay, any electricity is pretty much the best.  We had the whole place to ourselves.



After taking in some outside-of-the-rv fresh air, dinner prep began. Pasta night! Mac and Cheese and Whole wheat pasta with chopped tomatos and red sauce. And sausages, or as Ed calls them "snags" (have I mentioned how awesome Australian abbreviations are?) for the boys.



Then, it was time to...HAVE THE BEST NIGHT EVER!!!!  Too bad we did not take phone pics. Oops!  All I can say is that it involved lots of wine, lots of dancing, and lots of star-jumps.


This morning, we decided to take advantage of the cool, South Dakota lake before us.  I only went in up to my bathing suit bottoms, but it was SO nice.  The weather here is very different than the rest of the places we've experienced thus far. It's breezy, cool and not humid at all!


The breakfast menu for Day 6 was: egg whites and tomato sandwiches compliments of Ed and Jac.  They were delish!



We've changed the plans a bit for today and are now on our way to the Bad Lands before seeking out Mr. Mount Rushmore.  More updates to follow!  But first, here's the key to RV fitness and energy releasing.  You Are. Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment