Saturday, July 28, 2012

Homemade Face Lotion

So, as I scoured some of my favorite blogs this week I came across a homemade face lotion recipe (from ohdeardrea.blogspot.com) that I knew I had to try.

Normally, I use Olay Regenerist in the mornings while swapping out Vaseline to use at night because I am too afraid of using 2 possibly toxic lotions in one day. Paranoid? Too bad! Because now I won't have to!

The new cream is made up of:

2 tbsp Coconut Oil.
1 tbsp Organic Baby Butt Cream
A few drops of Organic Almond Oil.

I bought everything from Whole Foods.


It isn't the prettiest concoction, so there's no huge plus of seeing a finished product. It really just looks like pasty white poo floating around the bottom of a glass jar. What matters is the application.  NOT TOO MUCH!  Just dip your fingers in and smooth evenly over your face.  I even put it on my lips and it seemed to moisturize them, so yay, laziness wins again.

I'll be updating this for the next 7 days to see if:
a) my skin looks and feels any better
b) the cut on my chin heals and how fast


Day 1 - So far, I significantly freaked out at how oily my face looked directly after application.  Decided to take a 10 minute breather from looking at myself or applying makeup and revisit.  Upon revisiting, I felt good! My skin is super soft. Let's see how tomorrow goes...

Day 2-3 - Loving it!  Cut on chin - still there.

Day 4 - reapplying at night now and my chinny chin chin is healing!

Day 5 - 14 - Loving it.  The key is not putting on too much. Whenever I do, I feel gross and wipe off the excess.

BREAKING NEWS: It is August 16th and this stuff lasts forever. The hubs and I have been using it since the first day we discovered it and we still have a ton left! 

No comments:

Post a Comment