Monday, July 30, 2012

YUM: Overnight Oats with Chia

A friend of mine posted a recipe for this on facebook and I just knew that I had to steal it and make it.  

Done and done.

The hubs and I did a test-run last night with a taste-test this morning resulting in a tastebud explosion, resulting in a unanimous decision. Chia shall soon become my sister-wife. We're in love! This breakfast is SO easy and SO healthy. And even more than that, it is SO filling.  It's definitely an amazing alternative to an egg and cheese bagel sandwich.  Although, I probably shouldn't mention those guys in a post where I'm trying to get people excited about eating chia seeds. I apologize. My b.

Here's the Overnight Oats with Chia recipe (with a couple alterations from yours truly):

1/2 cup Rolled Oats
1/2 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt (you can use Plain)
2/3 cup Almond Milk (you can use regular Milk)
1 tbsp Chia Seeds

For later:

Healthy (less ingredients on the label/no processed stuff) strawberry jam
1 Banana

Mix all of the top ingredients together in a glass bowl or jar and leave overnight in your fridge.  The next morning, add some strawberry jam and half of a banana or a whole one if you're crazy and voila! Breakfast is served.

My camera is on the fritz, so these awful phone pictures will have to do. Sorry!


Yes my chia is in an old salsa bottle.




It's possible you think this looks grosser than the food in your grandmother's nursing home cafeteria.  That is possible, but please...hold your throw up.  This stuff tastes good! I promise. Now, close your lids and try some. You are going to LOVE it!


xoxo
L

No comments:

Post a Comment