Wednesday, March 28, 2012

YUM: Crock-pot Salsa Chicken

Holy awkwardly easy recipe alert!

I may have stumbled upon the world's easiest crock-pot recipe (from my sister's cooking blog). How did people survive before crock-pots? And how will I exist NOW that I know such a domestic dream exists?!  Will I ever be capable of cooking non-crock-pot again?

Only time will tell, I suppose...

So, here's how the Salsa Chicken taste-fest went down:
My hand-me-down crock pot.
Hour 0: Chicken and slime. YUM.
  
First, I tossed a whole SLOP of Tomatillo green salsa along with Medium Tomato salsa into my cauldron without measuring. Next, I dumped 3 nakey chicken cutlets into the mix and proceeded to shake an ungodly amount of chili powder atop.

Then, I waited.

Hour 4: A bit on the soupy side from the Tomatillo salsa



Four hours later, I turned the heat level from LOW to HIGH and I stirred, chopping at the chicken ever-so-slightly with my witches wooden spoon.

Then came abandonment phase numero dos.

SEVEN hours (total) later, dinner time was upon the Thompson household and THIS is what I found in my crock-pot-o-love:
Poorly photographed, shredded chicken bliss!
We topped with "Follow Your Heart" Vegan Nacho Cheddar, lettuce, and tomatoes.
Remy waited with bated breath for some chicken delicious-ness to fall his way but sadly, it did not (too much chili powder).

I really wish this computer had smell-o-vision.  For your sake.  

Ultimately, I'd say that this meal is quite possibly the crowd pleasing recipe of the century.  It's pleasing for me because I threw stuff in a pot and checked on it twice before delivering perfection, and it's pleasing to hungry burrito lovers because it makes Mexican dinner night WAY more zest-filled and flavorful than ever before.  

Needed:
Chicken breast (however many you want)
Salsa (however much you want to use...I used an entire small container)
Tomatillo Salsa (I used 4 or so "dollops") 
Chili powder - this is better than using taco seasoning (I sprinkled this on there every time i checked on it...about 29 times)


You can't mess this up. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing!! Plus, you have the coolest crock pot in the world. How was the vegan cheese?

    ReplyDelete